Why are school clubs great for student learning?
Here’s a big list of some of my favorite, student-tested and teacher-approved Spanish club activities:
1. Throw a Spanish language movie night.
2. Support an international humanitarian campaign.
3. Volunteer with your Spanish-speaking community.
4. Host a salsa dance party or lesson.
5. Take a field trip to a local museum or event related to Spanish culture.
6. Design club t-shirts.
7. Travel abroad together.
8. Host the Pulsera Project.
9. Host a school-wide jalapeño eating contest.
10. Visit a Spanish restaurant to order food in Spanish and try new foods.
11. Learn to cook authentic dishes.
12. Invite a mariachi band to play at your school.
13. Create and share Spanish trivia on the daily announcements.
14. Create and post inspirational quotes in Spanish around the school.
15. Compete for scholarships.
16. Start a Spanish book club.
17. Host a Reyes Magos party in early January.
18. Attend local Spanish culture festivals.
19. Make paper flowers to sell as a fund raiser.
20. Host a Spanish language music video production challenge.
Hope these ideas get you thinking! What activities have your Spanish Club and Spanish Honor Society students enjoyed?