Inside: Learn about how to start the year in Spanish class with a Free Online Conference about comprehensible input. Do you want to learn about back to school and using CI? Learn more about Practical & Comprehensible.
Hey friends! 2021 World Language Teacher Summit. First, it will be taking place the week of October 18th for FREE. So you will want to grab your free ticket right away! To get ready grab the Free 2021 World Language Teacher Summit Playbook & sign up for the 2021 World Language Teacher Summit. *Thank you for supporting Mis Clases Locas by using my affiliate link to sign up for this conference. If you chose to upgrade, I will make a small commission. These affiliate opportunities help make free blog content here possible! _______________________ Original Post – Hopefully there will be another Practical & Comprehensible Soon, but for now check out the 2021 World Language Teacher Summit.
I hope you are able to spend some quality time on YOURSELF on this break and disconnect from school. I know you might not be interested at this moment, but I have an upcoming event you might be interested in. Just sign up quickly, put it on your calendar & go back to enjoying your much-needed vacation until mid-July!
Practical and Comprehensible – Free online conference
I know many of you are hoping to try out more CI (comprehensible input) techniques in your classes next year and are in need of support. With all of the changes from virtual, hybrid, socially distanced face to face and back through them all again, it has been a lot. I have an opportunity for you to set ideas to set a solid foundation for the first two weeks of school.
Clear your calendar from July 19th-21st for a free online conference made BY world language teachers FOR world language teachers. This free event is called Practical and Comprehensible – a gathering of CI teacher experts on how to transition to proficiency and maintain it at the start of the school year.
Sign up to get your free registration here today! >> Get my ticket
You won’t want to miss this speaker lineup:
- John Bracey
- Bertha Delgadillo
- Devon Gunning of La Libre Language Learning
- Meredith White
- La Maestra Loca
- Sherry Sebesta of World Language Café & Secondary Spanish Space!
- plus Me! Mis Clases Locas
Next, if you know you will want unlimited access to the presentations to watch at your own pace, then you can get the all-access pass!
Finally, if you want lifetime access to the presentations plus a ton of bonuses (including a bundle of back-to-school resources from me) you can upgrade to the Full Bonus Package.
Even though this event is free to attend virtually from July 19-21 with an option to upgrade later for lifetime access to presentations (and sweet bonuses!).
Back to School in Spanish ClassThe topic that I will be speaking about plans for the first weeks of school. The Full Bonus Package even includes a back-to-school bundle of resources from me. For those of you starting to dip your toes into back-to-school ideas, here are my top resources and blog posts to help you out. Blog Posts with tons of ideas
- All Mis Clases Locas Blog posts labeled Back to School
- 1st weeks of Spanish class Round up of Ideas Blog post
- Plans for starting the school year online – blog post with TONS of ideas & variations
- Back to School Bundle – a solid start to the year
- Proficiency Puzzle – Set a foundation for proficiency and set goals for the year.
- Syllabus– for every level you teach
- Back to School Mega Bundle– everything you could want for every level you teach!
- 1st Day of any class Name Game Speedball – This game has been my go-to first-day activity with a new group. Basically, students ask and answer their names in Spanish while throwing a ball in a set pattern. It could be done outside & at a distance as well.
- Blended Spanish 1 High-Frequency Verbs Bundle. This is perfect if you want to be prepared for both digital and in-person learning. It includes the original high-frequency verb unit, the new distance learning unit, plus in-person activity ideas of Find Someone Who and Question Cards.
- Digital Spanish 1 – The present tense distance learning high-frequency unit – perfect 1st digital unit for Spanish 1 or as a Review in Spanish 2.
- 1st Day of Spanish 2/3/4 – Upper level Find Someone Who – Another Go-to activity for me to start the year in Spanish 2-4 is a “mi Verano” Find Someone Who or Mi Verano Question Cards.
- Upper level the hybrid Imperfect bundle– perfect 1st unit for Spanish 2 or as a review in Spanish 3 or 4
Sign up for the free online conference!
Finally, do not wait to sign up. There are bonus training, resources, and giveaways waiting for you in the Practical and Comprehensible FB group! Sign up to get your free registration today! The upgrades will go up in price after the conference this weekend, so if you are thinking about the upgrade, go for it now!
Need more ideas? Check out all of our Back to School posts
- 1st Week of School – In-person, hybrid or online
- Top Priorities Before Day 1
- Teaching Tips to Get Excited for the 1st Week of School
- 9 Ways to be a Happier Teacher
- Classroom Management Strategies for a Smooth Year
- 5 Great Back to School Purchases
- Transition Tips for any Classroom
In closing, I absolutely love this PD opportunity. However, I may receive a commission for anything you purchase. Finally, I am only shouting about this conference because it is an amazing opportunity I am a part of! Thank you for your support! – Allison
originally posted 1.5.21 – updated 6.18.21