1. Reflect. Often, before I can mentally move on to summer, I have to take a bit of time to reflect on the year. This helps me to unwind and be prepared to move forward!
2. Create a summer bucket list. Katherine suggests making a list of all those things that may get pushed aside during the school year (spending extra time with friends and family, taking day trips, etc.) and making sure you work those into your summer plans.
3. Catch up your favorite TV series. Binge watching Netflix is definitely on my list. Here’s a list specific to Spanish teachers you may want to check out. Jen plans on checking out Orange is the New Black, Elizabeth, and Man in the High Tower.
4. Take time for hobbies. For me, this includes more long walks. Sarah will be prioritizing more time for reading and painting.
5. Organize your Pinterest boards. If you’re like me, you may have a gazillion ideas that may be slapped on random boards. Summer is a great to clean out pins and get those boards sorted, so that ideas for the new school year are easier to find.
6. Read ALL the books. Yep, this is probably the most common response for what Spanish teachers want to do this summer! This list includes a variety of suggestions for teachers from PD books to personal wellness and some lite beach reading. This list includes suggestions for Spanish summer reading.
7. Seek out new blogs to follow. Following up on the topic of reading, I love to scour the web for Spanish teacher blogs or posts that I may not have had time to read during the school year. Here’s a Pinterest board of Spanish blog posts to help you get started.
8. Pamper yourself. I put off going to the salon as long as possible during the school year, often until my hair color starts looking rough and the greys are clearly shining through. 😉 Summer is a great time to make that salon appointment and treat yourself to a mani/pedi, blow out, facial, massage (or whatever else works for you!).
9. Stock the freezer. Janice likes to take time for baking and cooking and also get a head start on stocking the freezer for the hectic back to school time.
10. Exercise. Summer is a great time to enjoy having longer time in the gym or enrolling in those Zumba classes. 😉
11. Catch up on household projects. Yep, we all have them! While I certainly don’t enjoy the closet clean out and deep cleaning, it is something that I catch up on during the summer.
12. Wear yoga pants. ALL DAY! You’re on summer break, why not?
13. Get more sleep. Enough said!
14. Attend professional development. NO, not the boring kind that you may have to attend during the school year that doesn’t really apply to Spanish teachers, but something that you’re actually interested in. If it’s too late to plan for this summer, you can put it on your radar to investigate for next year. You may want to check out AATSP for their summer PD for Spanish teachers.
15. Travel/Getaway. If you can’t travel far, make some day trip plans. Explore new places or check out a restaurant you’ve been wanting to try. You can always travel virtually as well. Instagram is a great social media platform to explore new places. This summer I’ll be heading to Europe for the first time in 10 years! I’d love for you to virtually travel along with me this August on my IG account.
16. Browse and interact on social media OR turn it off altogether! Follow along and interact on our social media. You can find Secondary Spanish Space social media info under “follow” on the top right of this page and the individual accounts for the teacher of SSS on the “About Us” page. Maybe you need to take a break from social media over the summer and that’s totally OK, too! The goal is for you to do what’s best for you. 🙂
17. Drink coffee slowly. Yeah, we know you’re either guzzling it too quickly or it’s cold by the time you get to drink it during the school year, so take the time to enjoy!
This is a great list and good advice. I'm a French teacher by profession, but these tips are useful for all language teachers and teachers in general. As a hobby, I am teaching myself Spanish and it is so much fun! It is also giving me new insights into how my students must feel as new language learners. Me encanta!
Share wonderful details concerning your blog site, Blog truly useful for us. Russian News
Very interesting. During summer vacations, you can also plan to visit abroad. Get ready for awesome journey.
cheap Heathrow airport parking
cheap Luton airport parking